Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Puppy lovin' birds

Oh, Wednesday..."hump" day...please do me right. I am finally coming back to normal after a brutal round of strep throat, the boys appear to be sleeping better at night, Big man's tantrums...well, dare I say they are getting easier? Sigh. What will today bring? Good morning. Good morning. Husband got up with Twin A and let me sleep in. After a snot-draining shower (sorry, gross, I know), they left me alone and put away the dishes! Hooray! I hear big man wanting out of his room, so I stumble across the hall to open his door. He's in a good mood! Hooray again! Twin B is still asleep...three hooray's and it's not even 6:15 in the morning?!? Awesome! Breakfast, Meds (Day 9 of antibiotics!), Sesame Street, daytime outfits, sitter diaper bag preparation, and out the door by 7:40. Nice. The drive to sitter's is uneventful...big man HAD to get out of the car when we got there - apparently her garden looked too tidy and needed a good digging. Dirt dig, Check. Off we go to the library. I realized we were going to get there way too early, so I made a Wal-Mart stop to get some clarification on our vision insurance fees. While there I met a girl who works in the vision center who is pregnant with twins, so I shared my wisdom with her and gave her my number to call when she thinks she may have to hurt someone for too much crying/screaming/whatever. :) She's due in September. That was fun...now, officially off to the library. The storytime was kind of boring today? Maybe because it's perfect weather outside and nobody wanted to be there, but I felt like it was too quiet. Yeah, I know it's a library, but we're trying to entertain children, right? Do we have to speak in muted tones? Muted tones suck. After the story, I wanted to check out some books for big man. Well, to be honest, there was a book read last week that I found hilarious and I wanted more! Either way, I asked for help from the friendly librarian. Well, not-so-friendly...also, not so helpful. Apparently my mind turned a puppy loving pigeon into a puppy loving penguin (honest mistake), and she got a little rude when I asked about the penguin series. After 15 minutes (or 5) of searching she finally says, "I know there is a pigeon series, but I never heard of any penguin books." Great, pigeon - who is the author? She tells me his name. As I'm trying to decide between Williams, Willms, Weems, she recognizes my confusion and writes down "Willems". Ah. Thank you. And the title, "Pigeon Want A Puppy." I won't get that wrong again. I did a mean parallel parking job at Fannie Mae Dees and we played a bit before heading home. Big man is napping and I am trying not to throw the damn sewing machine out the window. Good day so far.

No comments: