Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ah. Dieting...well, sort of.

Remember not that long ago when I set "goals" and one of those was to lose weight?  Yeah.  BOOOOO.  I hate dieting.  I love to work out, but have yet to figure out the logistics of finding time to get to the gym - or the actual desire when the time is found. 

The past several days I have been getting sick and I am trying to figure out why.  After talking with a friend yesterday, I am beginning to think I may have developed an intolerance for dairy products.  Yet another BOOOOOO.  I love cheese.  Love it, love it, love it.  It's so yummy, I can snack on it all day and never get sick of it.  Cheese makes my world go round.  I would DIE if I really can't eat cheese anymore.  DIE.  So, starting last night, I cut out dairy.  I figured I might as well try to shape up the other things I eat while I'm killing myself.  So, today was day one of truly trying to be smart about everything that goes into my mouth.  I stayed out of the kitchen as much as possible, even if the kids were eating.  I would make them their plates and then head to the play room or clean the bedrooms or just sit on the couch.  After breakfast was all done and I had cleaned up the kitchen, I did "exercises" with the kids.  It was totally cute.  We did some laps around the house, jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, arm rolls...it was a good time!  As was to be expected, the kids tried to take it too far and kind of ruined the good time after about 20 minutes, but I still felt good about getting up and moving.  I even managed to keep the tv off all morning!  We had a dance party in the playroom, and ate a nice lunch together.  The twins took a great nap, and Zoe at least attempted one. 

So, I made a rice/chicken/tomatoes/green beans dish this evening that was a big hit with everyone!  It was very healthy and everyone ate their fill...even without any cheese.  I did sprinkle some Parmesan on the dairy eaters' plates...not as much as usual, but I didn't want everyone having to go cold turkey. 

I feel fine.  I'm not really super hungry.  I only got sick twice today and it was pretty significantly less than the past week has been, so maybe I'm on to something?

Super tired, but that's probably just a little detox.  Ha, ha.

Talk soon!

No comments: