Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I can sit at the computer and read other people's blogs for hours. Today, I stumbled upon one that has had me crying for the past 20 minutes. http://multiplebaby.blogspot.com/ Everytime I read something sad about someone losing a baby, I want to hug all of my boys and never let go. I am in awe of how strong these women are. I hope I never have to learn my own strength. I am a wreck when they get a boo-boo. The decision this woman had to make is the hardest thing I can even imagine. Each blog that mentions the son she lost is so heartfelt and I feel as though I'm right there with her. I want to be her friend. I want to be her sister. I want to just hold her hand and tell her stories of my boys and let her pretend my Jack is the one she lost. I know none of these things can help, but I am so affected by her story. I thought about e-mailing her, but what would I say? There are no words. I'm sure she has a strong family and friend network. I'm not anybody in the grand scheme of things...just another mom who feels too lucky sometimes because my 3 boys have been healthy since birth. I get scared of when I'll have to face my biggest nightmare and deal with something serious. I don't mind ignorance. I hope I never have to prove that I can hold on even in the wake of a storm. So, to you, mom of Katie, Charlotte, and Jack, you are a hero in my eyes. If you ever need another friend, I would love to be that person.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with emailing or leaving a comment to say I HEAR YOUR WORDS. Maybe she doesn't have support and would love to hear from someone?? You could also share this blog, it is a group blog written by mothers who have lost children:

http://www.glowinthewoods.com/

The unfortunate dark side of the multiple world is that there are too many cases of babies being lost. It is a sad reality and it's one of the reasons I consider myself so very lucky to have Nate and Alex.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It IS quite fun to be a voyeur into someone's life huh??